On the morning of July 4, I raced in my very first 5K in Oklahoma City — Stars & Stripes Forever 5K. I wasn’t sure what to expect since this was my first race, so I did have a little anxiety on the way there and didn’t sleep much at all the night before.
My husband and kids came with me to cheer me on.
We arrived about 50 min before race time and I got my packet information quickly. I put my bib on, put my timing chip on my shoe and started drinking my pre-workout drink and before I knew it, it was time to head over to the starting line.
There were about 300 or so people registered for the race. The gun went off and I started running. I ran the first 3/4 mile without stopping and maintained a nice pace, then I began doing run/walk intervals.
Here is one of my race pictures.
The course was nice and flat and luckily the weather was very nice that morning. According to Garmin, it was about 68 degrees at race time. There was a nice, cool breeze on the last half of the course.
While I was racing, my husband was able to keep the kids entertained at a park right by the finish line.
I finished the race in 40:53, with a pace of 12:58. Garmin showed 3.15 miles.
I had a great time at my first 5K. I will definitely do this race again next year.
“Running isn’t a sport for pretty boys… It’s about the sweat in your hair and the blisters on your feet. Its the frozen spit on your chin and the nausea in your gut. It’s about throbbing calves and cramps at midnight that are strong enough to wake the dead.
It’s about getting out the door and running when the rest of the world is only dreaming about having the passion that you need to live each and every day with. It’s about being on a lonely road and running like a champion even when there’s not a single soul in sight to cheer you on. Running is all about having the desire to train and persevere until every fiber in your legs, mind, and heart is turned to steel.
And when you’ve finally forged hard enough, you will have become the best runner you can be. And that’s all that you can ask for.”
I have been given the opportunity to provide you with a chance to win a FrogFuel Tasting Pack!!
Everyone is looking to step up their fitness but finding the perfect protein supplement in the clutter can be tough! FrogFuel is an advanced formulation protein that WILL take your workouts to the next level!
What you will win —
– 3 FrogFuel 1oz Protein Shots
– 1 Elite Status FrogFuel Sticker
Why use FrogFuel?
1. It’s hydrolyzed. Faster absorption means better performance and quicker recovery!
2. It’s a Pure Collagen Protein – Improved skin, muscle mass and tone, increased joint flexibility, healthier bones, arteries, hair, nails and eyes.
3. Contains Taurine – Help rebuild muscles faster!
4. Used in the health care industry and qualified as a medical food!
5. You can toss it in your go bag.
Unlike many other companies, the founders and owners of Frog Performance and their peers not only use their own products but also live and breathe the lifestyle they preach! You’ve got one body so treat it right and enjoy life. Performing like a lean, mean, green machine!
There are no banned substances, sugars, fats, carbs, gluten, cholesterol, lactose & excess ingredients.
• What Is Your Fuel Level? QUIZ! You know that unstoppable feeling you get 15 minutes into a workout? The adrenaline rush when you push through, dig deeper, touch the bottom of the ocean floor and reach the top of the mountain? Yeah, that’s your Fuel Level! Take the quiz to discover your Fuel Level!
• 7 Untouchable FrogFuel Workouts! – Use these 7 amazing workouts to help you get mean & lean for the summer!
• FrogFuel Fitspiration – Stay motivated and share Fitspiration on your Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
View the FrogFuel Performance Blog App here:
How to win — 3 total entries possible per person
Comment below with your answers (optional email address and/or Twitter handle so I can contact the winner if needed) and be sure to check back on July 13 to see if you have won!
Post your results from the What is Your Fuel Level? QUIZ. (This is worth 1 entry)
Share their favorite workout &/or fitness tips. (This is worth 1 additional entry)
Follow my blog (This is worth 1 additional entry)
** Drawing will be done “old school style” — names in a hat! **